Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cloth Diapering: What I have learned so far.



I started cloth diapering when my DD was a few weeks old. I wanted to do it for a number of reasons- I wanted to be able to tell my daughter later in life that she was the cause of less waste. I wanted the greener option, as I want my daughter to grow up in a better world. I also wanted a less harsh diaper (My DD has super sensitive skin, and gets diaper rash with all sposies) Lastly, and... I won't lie, the biggest reason... $. We are a one income family, and we are blessed to be able to afford for me to stay at home with my little princess, but this also means we need to save every little bit.

We started our cloth journey with Gdiapers. I really loved the GDiapers. (We are not using them now, as we had some fit issues I will talk about later) They are a hybrid diaper so I was able to use the same cover several times and change out the insert. I was also able to sew my own inserts to save even more money. We bought about 10 Small Gdiapers, and this worked fabulously.


We started to have some fit issues with the G's due to my LO's size. She is skinny and tall (4 months old now- 12 lbs and 25 inches) When we got the G's to fit properly in the rise, she didn't have enough chunk to hold the mess in. We started to look for other cloth options at this point. We have tried Thirsties covers and prefolds. I really love these. (I plan to do a review on these at a later date, so I will save the details until then) And now we use Babylands as well. These are the cheapest of the cheap diapers, but they work just fine for us... And, as I said our biggest reason for going with cloth is to save money.

I plan to do reviews on diapers, as well as a post on how I wash them, and what you will need if you plan on cloth diapering. Please let me know if there is any other information you guys would like to know.









No comments:

Post a Comment